MCDC will connect you to the resources you need.
- Mini-grants up to $10,000
- To to cover assistance, development, and outreach
- Education on the worker cooperative model
- Support from our peer network
- Business planning, legal, and other technical assistance via MCDC, the UW Center for Cooperatives, and our network of preferred providers
- Connect to local organizations and unions for training, benefits, and resources from local organizations and labor unions
- Start-up capital and financing through our lending partners
For people who want to start cooperatives or convert existing businesses to cooperatives: Fill out this intake form if you want support and technical assistance from MCDC.
We are currently accepting mini-grant proposals for up to $10,000 on a rolling basis. The aim of the Mini-Grant Program is to provide groups with the technical assistance they need to develop a new worker cooperative or to convert an existing business to a worker cooperative. Learn more about the grant and the ways that MCDC can support your cooperative in development in the application guidelines.
An informational booklet describing the co-op model and the process of starting co-ops from UW Center for Cooperatives: Cooperatives in Wisconsin: The Power of Cooperative Action